Thursday, September 4, 2008
Our little genius
Do you think most parents think their child is cute enough to win a baby magazine photo contract, and that their child always does things faster than the parenting books' timelines for development say? I, of course, think both of those things of Xavier and I'll add that I think he's a musical genius! He matches pitches, loves drums and beats, dances to any music he hears playing, etc. Now he has learned some songs and loves to sing along with me or even sing on his own. It completely melts my heart to hear him sing "I am a child of God" with Joe and I as we put him to bed, especially because he sings in both English and Japanese. Can a mom feel any prouder? I just love his little voice. One favorite is for him to get under the comforter on our bed with Joe, say shhhh! and then sing the ABC song together loudly. :) He got the idea when he realized that the underside of our bedspread has words or "ABC!"s on it.
X has been going to a music and movement class that our friend, Amy, teaches and it is so fun to see him practice hearing and feeling different tones, rhythms, time, weight, flow, and space of music. His favorites of class today? Listening to animal sounds put to music and imitating animal movements, running fast and slow as Amy sang "my feet feel the rhythm of the popcorn, pop-pop-corn", holding hands and moving in a circle, and playing with his friends. I tried to get several shots of the class when I wasn't involved but my batteries were almost dead and I only caught the few seconds when all the kids decided to take a music break and stand on their heads instead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He really is a genius! Thank you for coming to our class, I love having Xavier there.
So cute, it's so fun to watch these little ones grow and develop all their skills. I wish we were around for Amy's movement classes my boys would love it.
Post a Comment