Monday, September 1, 2008
"Man" Power
I've been really impressed with the men in Xavier's life lately. He really looks up to them and watches what they do. His daddy, of course, is a huge influence on him, reading stories to him, playing his guitar for him, taking him places, teaching him in nursery, and is a master at getting X out of a bad mood by making him laugh. "E-pa" (Grandpa) is also a favorite who he loves to go on adventures with, and when we get the chance to go to Utah, he loves to work in the yard or play on the court with "G-dad" (granddad). I've also been so thankful for other men Xavier comes into contact with like the garbage men who smile and wave at him each week, "Lilia's daddy" who leads the music each Sunday and who Xavier likes to imitate (and comment on his ties), "Brennan's daddy" who drives a "woo-woo" and lets him pretend to drive his police SUV, etc. I think it is important that children get a balance of men and women to watch and learn from. So, thanks to all the great people helping Xavier learn and grow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Stacy! Well...I guess I'd need to look through your blog to answer this question but i'll just ask--what were you doing in the middle east?!?! (I see your picture on the mainpage of your blog). Alas-I am not a blogger and I can't stand surfing the internet so I never read friends' blogs...but I wanted to say hi!! HI!!!!! As far as going to NYC...email me offline and I'll get back to you on it. Cristi has my email address!! So great to hear from you!
My parents set up a trip to Israel for my siblings and I (and our spouses) this past April during Passover. It was absolutely amazing! It was fascinating to see how one civilization after another has been built on top of each other. I also loved putting a "face" to the places we read about in the scriptures. It really threw me off to see people jetskiing on the Sea of Galilea. That's not what I've ever imagined it like! :)
Post a Comment