Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Visiting the "fish"

Keeping a two-year-old stimulated is no easy task and with all the cold, gloomy weather here this summer, Xavier and I have stayed inside a lot lately. My wake up call to the fact that Xavier needs more physical activity during the day came the other morning when he woke up at 2:30am and stayed up for twelve hours (until his naptime at 2pm). I tried to get him back to sleep for a while, then went into the front room with him to let him play a bit in the hopes he would go back to sleep but our Energizer bunny just kept going...and going...and going all day. I crashed on the couch around 6 am and Joe got up 20 min later and said he found Xavier just running around in circles in the front room! I set a new goal to get out and get him active and, almost as if my friends knew what I needed, we were soon after invited to a playdate at the aquarium! It was great to see our three two-year-olds run around together and wear themselves out. Next stop? Jump 'N Around or My Museum. Any takers?

Pictures in the clam shell.
The Splash Zone play area.

Xavier also loves activities that use lots of hands-on work like stamping papers with all my stamps, doing dishes, or making collages with magazine pictures. Here he is making a giant cookie with a one-of-a-kind pattern made by placing cookie cutter after cookie cutter into the dough.

He was very proud of his creation and we all munched on it after it was baked!

2 comments:

Merilee said...

That looks like a fun aquarium. And we love the cookie. So cute!

Jodi said...

I never get tired of reading Xavier stories! Keep 'em coming!