Tuesday, August 5, 2008
We all fall down...
The other day I was walking toward Trader Joe's (the store where we Xavi's goat milk, soydogs, etc.) and I stepped into a side street just before the store, carrying Xavier in front of me when all of a sudden I tripped and fell face first. I'm so thankful for natural instincts that made me protect Xavier's head from the gravel (although we knocked heads in the process) and I'm so thankful I didn't break my hand or squash Xavier. I still can't figure out what happened but I know we were lucky there were no cars coming down the alley and (here's my self-conscious side coming out) I was so glad only one person happened to see it. It is normally such a busy area but it was early in the day and there was only one truck driver who saw it and he was nice enough to stop and make sure we were okay. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There's a Sinbad bit about women who trip and drop their groceries and when people ask if it's theirs, they're so embarrassed they say, "Oh no, that was already there!" and totally deny tripping. You're a brave woman. And you should watch the bit. He's much funnier than I am.
Post a Comment