Saturday, July 5, 2008

Summer Fun


I got the "summer" bug and put Xavier in gymnastics and swimming for a month. He really liked swimming even though he struggled getting up early from his naps and he absolutely loved gymnastics. I think the teacher makes a huge difference. Miss Renee was great. She had them rolling, jumping, hanging, climbing, straddling, balancing, etc. with fun tricks that were perfect for their age. Xavier liked straddling and walking along the mats over the dragon, rolling between two stuffed snakes, and hanging on to the uneven bars so that he could kick bubbles the teacher blew at his toes.

Xavier was timid the first week and I was tempted to move him to the younger class but he shined from the start the second week, trying everything, including putting his hands on the ground and walking his feet up the wall behind him!

Now whenever I pull out his blue sweats he yells "gymnastics pants!"and is so excited. He even runs around the house, then suddenly stops and puts his hands out in front of him which is what the teacher had them do to practice "sticking" their landings. How come everything kids do is so cute?






No comments: