Saturday, February 7, 2009

What I like about you, Joseph (also known as Husband Tag)

1. Where did we meet? Apparently I asked him to take a picture of my mission district at a missionary conference in Japan. However, my first memory of us meeting is when I moved into the Foreign Language Housing at BYU after my mission. I went looking for Elder Carruth from my mission who was supposed to be living there and was pleasantly surprised when Elder Banks from my mission walked out from the back of the apartment instead, talking with his mom on the phone (I knew he was a sweetie right then).

2. How long did we date before we were married? Officially, ten months. In my heart, a little longer.
3. How long have we been married? Six years and four months. Wow.

4. What does he do that surprises me? He can find anything on the internet. I can search all day and not find what I'm looking for but he can find whatever it is in a few minutes. And somehow if my computer (or other technology I am using) is not working, all he has to do is come near it and it starts working again. Truly surprising.

5. What's my favorite feature about him? His cute smile!

6. What's my favorite quality about him? His patience. And that he never says mean things about other people.

7. Does he have a nickname for me? No nickname. Actually, this question reminds me of a Dharma and Greg episode about a couples retreat where the couples got to put rocks in their baskets for each "romantic" thing the leader named off, such as having nicknames for each other, and Dharma and Greg got worried because they weren't getting any rocks! :)

8. What's his favorite color? green

9. What's his favorite food? Lasagne, even though we only eat it on New Year's Eve. We were lucky enough to find a way to make lasagne for New Year's every year we lived in Japan (see below).

10.What's his favorite sport? running

11.Who said "I love you" first? I'm pretty sure it was Joe.

12.When and where was your first kiss? Valentine's Day (2002) on my doorstep. He had very soft lips and his kiss literally took my breath away!

13.What are your favorite things to do as a couple? Read books together, play Lego Indiana Jones, go places together (anywhere's good!).

14.Do we have kids? Yep, one cute little X-ray who everybody says looks like Joe.

15.What's a hidden talent that he has? He has an excellent memory and can name off song titles and artists just by listening to a few notes of music. He is also an amazing meat chef, a good photographer, and an amazing teacher!

16.How old is he? Turning 30 this year (and finally catching up to me!)

17.What's his favorite type of music? Rock and J-pop (J is for Japanese).

18.What do I admire most about him? That he loves being a dad.

19.What's his favorite pasttime? Running cross country.

20.Do you think he's going to read this? Definitely. And he'll probably correct my memories. :)

4 comments:

LollyGirl said...

he's an awesome nursery worker, too!! i loved reading this post about joe. you got such a great guy!!

we miss you, things aren't the same without you here!! how is everything going?

as of today, with the exception of robin and i, our presidency will be all new. malinda was released and called as the 1st counc. in RS. crazy. but i'm happy for her.

Amy said...

What a great love story.

Merilee said...

Aww! We love you guys!

Jodi said...

This is so cute!