Monday, February 23, 2009
A Quick Hello
Life is busy from the time we wake up until the time we drop into bed. Joe likes his job, even with his three to four hour commute everyday; I have started watching X's cousin, Z, during the days, so I'm figuring out how to be a mom/aunt/childcare provider/entertainer to two almost-three-year-olds. Xavier is pottytraining and also having to learn that it's not okay to push, bite, spit, bonk, throw things at, run over, or slap anyone, including parents, cousins, grandparents, and friends. Luckily, X & Z both like playing with each other most of the time and we've found some fun things to do outside the house, like playgroup, open play at a gymnastics studio, bowling, and the indoor playground at the mall. They also like to do arts and crafts in the mornings. Here are some pictures of what they've been up to during February:
"Bubble baths" using all sizes of balls
Stained glass (a.k.a. plastic) painting
Decorating gingerbread men
Making glittery heart crowns out of paper plates
Stringing candy necklaces (with lots of help). X ate most of his before it made it on the necklace. Thanks to the Dollar Tree, Michael's craft store sales, and especially Grandma's art supplies, the three of us do lots of creative activities together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
it's so good to read an update on you. glad that you all are doing well. lyena also loves arts and crafts, and they are fun, i just don't care for the mess. any tips?
Messes usually mean more fun for the kids but sometimes I limit the number of colors i.e. one playdoh color each or one paint color each. Of course then I wonder if that stifles creativity, you know? Hmmmm... maybe use kid-sized aprons and only washable materials? Aquadoodle is always a favorite. No mess!
You are so creative, Stac! I love your ideas and I'm going to steal some of them. Does Joe really have a 3 hr commute???? Insanity.
Oh Stacy, I wish I were as cool as you! You do so many fun things with them. Maybe we can come over for craft time???? When is the playgroup?
Of course! Come over anytime! We do some sort of art/craft everyday but usually early, about 9 or 10am. Playgroups are usually at someone's house on Wednesdays between 11am-2pm and everyone brings their own lunches. The bigger kids (kindergartners) usually arrive about 12 or 12:30. If you want to go bowling together, it costs about $6 if you don't buy food ($4.50 for our shoes and $1 for the lane, plus tax). I think the $1/game is just for another week or two. The open play gymnastics is on Thursdays from 10-11am and is $4 (one adult is free). Let me know what you're up for! Want to come over tomorrow?
Post a Comment