When trying to pep talk X into liking the idea of being pottytrained, I asked him if he wanted to get pottytrained like his cousin. Xavier responded, "Where'd the potty train go? Downstairs?" It made me laugh because he was trying to associate the word I was using (pottytrained) to what he knows (the potty, and trains). I wonder how many times we miscommunicate like this ourselves? Well, let's hop on the potty train...choo, choo!
5 comments:
That's hysterical! I love it. Maybe that's the key to getting Benjamin interested! Let's get on the potty train, Benjamin! You're a genius! :)
That's funny! We actually have to do a "potty train" around the house sometimes to get Isaac to go potty - I guess it's kind of a like a conga line. We march around chanting "potty train, potty train, choo! choo!" We end up in the bathroom, and if luck is on our side, we stay there so he can do his business. He's been potty trained for a year now, but it's still like pulling teeth sometimes to get him to go sometimes! Good luck! :)
Love it! I never put that together. Way to go X. He is so adorable. Can't Wait to see you guys!
aww, that is too cute and funny!! and it makes perfect sense.
Our children must think that adults are ridiculous. I told Mikayla the other day that I oould almost see the wheels turning in her head and this morning she said, "So, do I have wheels AND a brain?" It must be confusing to be a kid!
Post a Comment