Friday, June 19, 2009

And now to catch up...

As I get ready to graduate, I'm finding more free time on my hands or maybe just feeling tired of studying. Either way, I've been thinking about getting on top of my scrapbooks but then opted for just updating the blog a bit. I want to wait on the scrapbook for when I can convince someone to come visit me for a week (she knows who she is...)! Until then, here is a rundown of the last three months:
Our visit to SLO (San Luis Obispo) where Ben & Esther live.

Uncle Ben, cousin Izzy, and Xavier

The SLO children's museum

Izzy's favorite spot at the museum

X's future job could be grocery checker...

or waiter...very cute.

At the beach with super-fine sand!


X and Z planted seeds for a project one day and we've all been fascinated with how they grow. I was the most excited when the sprouts came up and couldn't wait to show the kids. It was new to me to see how sunflowers push off the seed shells as they get bigger (first picture) and then how huge they can get (second picture)! "My" sunflower now is almost four feet tall, still growing, and has yet to put out the actual flower.

On almost no notice Joe was invited to interview at USU and since I was already planning to head to UT for a short trip, we just extended it into almost a weeklong family trip! So fun but unfortunately, no job offer this time.

We went to Cami's wedding...


and Makai's birthday party...

(playing with their candy bags from the pinata)


We saw lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Baby Addison was the biggest mystery to X. He has only been around infants and toddlers near his age. The in-between age of crawling and non-talking babies was something he couldn't quite figure out.

I got to see my sweet sisters and wish I could have seen everyone!
We made sure to honor our relatives on Memorial Day.


When I was newly called as a Webelos den leader in the Boy Scouts, I found a little "Mud Scout" outfit at Osh Kosh for Xavier, who I call my Webelos mascot. He usually prefers to stay home with Neen & Grandpa now but he did go to the Pinewood Derby and loved it.


He was right on the front lines for the races and as soon as they were over he jumped up and made sure he got a turn to race a car, too.

X and Z's "preschool" time with me hasn't been as innovative lately, but one of the ones I did like was our zebra day. We made striped cookies, played with black and white beans, read a story about zebras, and compared the letters in their names with the letters found in ZEBRA.
e
One thing about living with and close to family is that X gets a LOT of presents and surprises. Grandpa brought home this Snap On car with a real tool to assemble and disassemble the car. He insisted I take a picture of him taking off the tires.



The kids got art projects, like these balloon farm animals, from Jennifer and couldn't wait to show them off.

And, of course, one good part of having two kids everyday is that they get many chances to practice sharing. :)
Xavier the artist...he drew two people from their head bones down to their knee bones and toe bones (he can sing the whole "Dem Bones" song). We'll have to post the video...

Buff baby boy. He loves to push around grandpa's little bikes all day.

X is learning how to be more independent, including figuring out how to reach out-of-reach things like sink water for washing his hands.
and last of all, the most exciting part of every day...tractor rides with grandpa!

3 comments:

The Sants said...

Hey cuz, wow, I can't believe how big he is getting! So cute. So, have you been converted to digital scrapbooking yet? You can do books, games, cards, anyways...You would love it! Check out my site: YourStoryToday.com

Dasha said...

Oh what fun. My mom is here right now and I have to say I'm sad to see her go. It is so nice living close to family. Wow, has he grown!

Jodi said...

Ick, pictures of me. But the rest of them are fun! I'm trying to figure out how to come visit... :)