Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Two months later...

Our life has taken a significant turn since we received a phone call from Utah State University in the middle of a drive through Nevada last month. One camping trip and nine days later we were moving from southern California to northern Utah! Joe has an awesome new job at the business school that put him right to work and is giving him two months to learn everything before his boss leaves for a month and he is in charge. The people in his office love having him and already scheduled him to take a group of students to Japan next spring!

We may be cold in 80 degree weather but we are happy to be here. We get all sorts of bonus benefits like the use of the university gym and wellness program, chances to audit classes, etc. I'm glad that we have insurance again. It sounds wrong but I'm almost excited to schedule doctor and dental appointments. Since we've gotten here, we've been busy painting the rooms in our rental house (part of the deal for getting to move in the next morning), shopping and garage saling, doing yardwork, and trying to get internet. I love that we have family in town and relatives all over Utah. We have so many people to visit! I'm also excited for all the cultural and community events in Logan. Lots of date nights, I hope!

A rundown of our summer in pictures:

Swimming lessons with cousin Z

The 'cribs' in the pool let the kids stand and practice in the water

Baby Izzy waiting with us for the 4th of July laser show

Waiting to walk in the kids parade

Camping near Bishop, CA:
Hands-on camping!

Okay, we tried regular fishing but the U-Ketch-Em pond was much
more effective (thanks for paying, Grandpa!). Xavier caught two fish and was so proud!
X loved his camping chair and would slouch into it like a teenager
Grandma thought of everything to put in their camping backpacks!

X's fascination with the camper led him to convince us
to buy him a camper trailer toy at D.I. to hold his cars
So far in Utah:
X adores his older cousins who are patient and sweet with him.

Our new house!
(Okay, we rent the main floor, but it's still cool)

To be continued...

5 comments:

Dasha said...

Congrats!!! How exciting to be starting a new chapter.

Amanda said...

Congratulations on your exciting new things!

Jodi said...

YAY!!! You blogged! And your house is so cute. Can't wait to see it in person.

Amy said...

WAHOO!!! Everything is working out so perfectly! The fact alone that you can audit classes sounds too good to be true. I am so very happy for you Stacy. You had faith and patience that it would all work out and it did beautifully. May the Lord continue to bless you and your sweet family!!!

K and M said...

Congrats to you and Joe! I've been very curious to hear what you guys are doing. Will surely come visit next time I'm in Utah!