Xavier made this Lincoln Log creation all by himself about a month ago. I didn't notice him making it, so when I turned around I was amazed at his imagination and building skills! Each log is close together and he even balanced a second row.
One of my favorite nicknames for Xavier is "Baby Boy" because to me, no matter how old he is getting, he really is my baby boy. However, he often reminds me that he is not a baby anymore. At the grocery store the other day, a little girl younger than he was pointed to him and said "Baby boy!" He was polite enough not to push her over for saying that, but he quickly came back to me and told me, mostly to reassure himself, "I not a baby boy. I a BIG BOY." So there you have it. Xavier is not a baby anymore. He's a big boy, and only his mommy gets by with occasionally calling him "baby boy".
5 comments:
Haha! That is so cute. He definitely is a big boy. I'm seriously always impressed with him and the things he does. I'm glad he is Lilia's playmate. It used to always bug me when people called Lilia a 'baby'. I thought, "oh yeah? how much older is your child?" Lately people refer to her as 'little girl' and I'm more satisfied with that. See you tomorrow! Looks like it will just be you, Xavier, Lilia and me. I have something special planned!!
Awww, I still call Spencer my baby boy and he's quick to correct me that he is a BIG BIG boy! But you're right, they will always be our babies. And he is such a sweetie.
I have that same conversation with Isaac, and no matter how big he gets, he's still my little baby boy. It's fun to see them grow up and get proud of becoming "big," especially when they can start doing really big boy things.
I still call Mikayla "baby." I think everyone still calls Noelle that too. It become habit and they will always be our babies. That's a very impressive Lincoln Log creation.
Emma's still my baby too. She loves it when I call her that!
Post a Comment