I have been in a completely Halloween mood this year. I even marked off time in my dayplanner to decorate the house on October 1st while Joe was at work so he'd be surprised when he got home. Xavier was so excited to see the container of decorations come out. He chose who got which spooky pillowcase (skeleton, pumpkin, or ghost) and helped me put what he calls the pirate a.k.a. skeleton, tablecloth on the table. I changed the doormat, hung ghosts on the lamps, put up a skeleton shower curtain and made a spooky bouquet.
Today, Xavier and I played a "scary" memory game made out of funny Halloween cards, and for Family Home Evening we all decorated little pumpkins. Every night since October 1st, part of Xavier's bedtime routine is to do four rhymes or songs with paper ghosts and pumpkins as visual aids. It is so fun! He already has the first rhyme "Little Ghost, Little Ghost" almost memorized and insists that he get a turn saying it and flying the little ghost around.
It's funny that I like decorating for Halloween because I don't like actually scary things (my motto is "just say no" to spiders, haunted houses, gory costumes, etc.) and now that I'm older I can't believe the commercialization that I realize I'm a huge participant of or that parents let their kids get and eat all that candy! Do you know how many WeightWatcher points just one mini-candybar is? Still, I love it. I like our glow-in-the-dark pillowcases, seeing pumpkins and corn mazes, thinking up costumes Xavier could wear, and enjoying the fall atmosphere with our little family.
3 comments:
I love all your Halloween decorations! I don't really have much for Halloween -- Davis doesn't generally like having decorations in boxes that you have to get out each year, I'm trying to get him used to the idea -- and it's so cute how excited Xavier is about it! I love the picture of him with his pillowcase. And then there's the Monterey fog . . . of course :) I do miss it there.
I love Halloween! I have to resist from buying all the decorations at the store. :) Looks like Xavier had lots of fun with those pumpkins!!
Yay for Halloween and yay for turtle bread - I'm going to have to try that. So - the pic of Xavier on the floor - is that a special part of Halloween too, or are you guys keeping with Japanese tradition and sleeping on the floor every night? How do you keep him from running around?
Post a Comment