This is a story thought up and written by X and his mom on 2/16/2011 (I was feeling sad that X was getting so big that he was hard to carry and he felt sad that I wouldn't carry him as much anymore. I thought making up a story might help both of us understand what was happening...X came up with the solutions at each part in the story):
A Happy Frog Day
Once there was a baby frog who hatched from an egg. His mommy loved him very much. The baby frog grew into a little boy frog. He started to grow legs. He wanted to go on the land with his mom, so she carried him on her back. But soon little frog grew into a big boy frog. When his mom carried him to the tree she hopped very slowly.
One day the mommy was sad. She said, I am not strong enough to carry you anymore. Big Boy Frog said, You can get stronger. So Mommy Frog lifted weights to strengthen her back but just as soon as she would get stronger, Big Boy Frog kept growing. He was still too heavy. Mommy Frog was was sad. She loved carrying her son to the tree. She asked Big Boy what to do. Big Boy Frog said, Make your legs grow bigger. So Mommy Frog ate lots of healthy food but her legs didn't grow. She asked the doctor why her legs wouldn't grow and he said, You are already grown!
Mommy Frog told Big Boy Frog the bad news and he said, Don't worry, mom, because now my legs are big and strong. You don't need to carry me. I can hop by myself when we go to the tree. The next day, Big Boy Frog looked sad. What's wrong? Mommy Frog asked. Well, he said, I miss getting carried on your back. Mommy Frog pulled him on her lap and they cuddled and talked and read stories. I may not be able to carry you anymore, Mommy Frog said, but I am strong enough and my legs are long enough to cuddle you everyday.
So everyday they hopped to the tree together, and everyday Big Boy Frog and Mommy Frog cuddled together.
THE END.
1 comment:
Cute idea and CUTE story! What a sweet thing to share.
Post a Comment