Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Snippets of our life

(Pictures start in May)
X graduated from Cadenza choir, which he never really liked going to but always loved singing the songs at home. My favorite was "The Little Red Box."  


Our "new" car we bought from campus surplus just in the nick of time...it would have been open to bidding the next day.  We love it!  It goes up hills, has power windows, a nice AC, a big trunk, and two keyless remote things.  Yay!  Now, how to sell the other 2 cars that are dead in the driveway?


Celebrating my Grandmother's 90th birthday!  Wow. She is one amazing woman.


After the dogs barked at the golf cart at the back of Tina & Ken's house for over an hour, we found out there was a snake hiding underneath.  I had thought it was just a lizard they were worried about!



Celebrated Xavi's 5th birthday - Star Wars theme
We took X & Z to laser tag for the first time, plus played some arcade games and ate ice cream.





Joe "regifted" Cheerio bear to X who had "regifted" it to Joe at Father's Day, I think it was.




Family Reunion in San Luis Obispo meant beach time, cousin time, a mission tour, farmer's market, Strawberry Festival, an attempt at 4-wheeling, and a fun stay in a giant RV parked at Ben's house/ranch, among other things!  





Baby girl cut her first two teeth


The kids got a fun stay with Neen, (Great) Grandma Hope, and Grandpa while I tagged along on Joe's business trip to Orlando, FL.  We had a great time!  With permission from X, we took along Boo Boo Bear & Cow in lieu of our children and took pictures of them at the pool, Harry Potter world, etc.





Cousin Addi's 3rd birthday.  X was not exactly pleased that he had to eat on pink plates but he really wanted the cupcake!  Today he told me at his next party he was going to make everyone eat on "boy" plates.  :)



My oldest nephew, sweet Asher, is a teenager!  I just want to hug him and talk with him.  I have turned into the aunt who says, I used to change your diapers! ( I did, too!)  I also helped him learn to walk and took him to the BYU art museum in his stroller...fun memories.

Saw a double rainbow on the way home from our whole big trip after picking up X at the bottom of the state.


Baby girl loves, loves, loves to put shoes on her hands and crawl around.  Usually they are not her own shoes.  



Checked out the head of a canyon just above where we are moving next month 
and found a rock shaped just like a fish!  Very cool.  We brought it home, of course.


I've been on a recipe kick lately, writing up my favorites and finding new ones.  I found a recipe for crockpot pork loin the other day.  Joe put it together and it was delicious!  He is brilliant, of course, and suggested shredding the pork for pulled pork sandwiches the next day.  I am not a fan of leftovers, but we ended up making pulled pork quesadillas, which looked nothing like the crockpot leftovers! Yum. 

I also put out jicama sticks and radishes one day and am trying to make my first artichoke dish tomorrow.  Below are "Pink Pancakes" - a Deceptively Delicious recipe that uses beets, ricotta cheese, and shredded apple to give the pancakes a vitamin boost.  X loved them!

Baby girl - contemplating


Finally had a chance to take the whole family on a bike ride to go feed the ducks. 
Good times.

2 comments:

Dasha said...

Wow, you've been busy. Your babies are just growin' growin'. Would you share your recipes?

Jodi said...

Yay!!!! I give you one exclamation point for each person in your family. That snake is huge, the fish rock is super cool, I love the comments about 'boy plates' and the shoes on August's feet! So cute.