Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

I've decided Easter is not the time to plan for family photos.  We tend to be jinxed on Easter weekend so if we happen to get a good photo, great!  If not, well, it was the jinx.  Remember X with a big goose egg on his forehead one year?  This year, all four of us are sick.  Sinus infections, bronchitis, tonsillitis, coughs, fevers, body aches, and sneezes. So, you might think your picture is going to look like this...



and peek-a-boo!  

One sneeze later, the picture looks like this!


(okay, it may not have been exactly one sneeze later...different outfit...but you get the idea)

We've still been able to have some holiday fun even with all the germs.  

We decorated eggs and Xavi was so creative!  He pulled things out of his art box and it was the first time I'd ever seen eggs decorated with glitter glue and googly-eyes. We also made fun stripes by putting thin and thick rubber bands on eggs.


Since I'm continually a new mom with everything Xavi does, I'm always learning what I forget to tell him.  This Easter was no exception.  At finding his Easter basket, he exclaimed, "I didn't know the Easter Bunny gave you prizes!"  That's when parents think, Oh wait, what was he expecting? and What could we have gotten away with?  Just candy?  Just hiding eggs?  I have a hard time deciding how to handle all of the "magical" holidays so I tend not to explain things unless I have to. According to Xavier, who I just asked, he thought the Easter bunny might put ice cream in the basket and stick it in the freezer or "put stuff in it and hide it".  I guess the "stuff" wasn't necessarily things like My First MadLibs book or a Penguins of Madagascar DVD or a Joseph Smith and Angel Moroni toy like he found in it this morning.  :)

 The Easter bunny at our house did get a kick out of making a trail of jellybean "poop" (thank you movie "Hop")  to both of the kids' Easter baskets, one strapped to the highchair & the other mixed into Xavi's "robot" (a bunch of odds and ends from around the house all carefully arranged although looking very messy that is actually a robot invention that X is so proud of that I can't possibly be mean enough tell him to clean it up, at least for a few days!)  



 We finished off with a delicious German pancake breakfast made by Joe and an Easter egg hunt outside.





HAPPY EASTER!


3 comments:

brynna cadman said...

Happy Easter! Looks like you are all enjoying it despite the illness.

Jodi said...

Yay! What a cute Easter. My glitter eggs bombed, but I did use rubber bands on one and it looked awesome! I'm totally using googly eyes next year. Aaron will think I've gone nuts. :)

Dasha said...

That is one big booger. I know exactly what you mean. We will do pictures and Aften's nose will be bright red, but oh well. Hope your gang gets better soon.